Build and execute the best implementation rollout strategy for your organization
Big organizational changes require vision and a steady hand. To implement a successful Lean-Agile SAFe® transformation, become a leading agent for change as a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC). Take responsibility for setting up the new organizational structure, enabling your enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace. Train teams, help colleagues and get the organization moving in the right direction.
This four-day Implementing SAFe course will teach you how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®), as well as the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. For those of us already working with Lean/Agile on a daily basis, this program provides you with a deeper understanding of its principles and practices.
You will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and build a Lean Portfolio.
The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—are all about the basics you need to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in your organization. After taking the SAFe 5 Program Consultant Exam, you’ll certify as a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC).
Our Implementing SAFe courses are taught by one or two SPCTs (SAFe Program Consultant Trainers). These inspiring trainers are consultants who are active in the field and have extensive SAFe experience in training and implementing SAFe at large organizations.
Blog: Stepping up to SPC
The value of becoming a certified SAFe Program Consultant
During this four-day course you will learn to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Build a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and coach Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate multiple Agile Release Trains with a Solution Train
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
When you pass the Implementing SAFe exam, you’ll receive a SAFe® 5 SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4) certificate, with a digital badge to promote your accomplishment online. A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Program Consultant is also included, granting you access to the SPC Community of Practice. Furthermore, we’ll provide you with a SAFe Program Consultant certification usage guide with SPC certification marks.
As a SAFe Program Consultant, you’ll have access to online Trainer Enablement plans to qualify to teach and certify others in Leading SAFe (SAFe Agilist SA), SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), SAFe Advanced Scrum Master (SASM), and SAFe for Teams (SAFe Practitioner (SP). You’ll also be able to access a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during and throughout their SAFe journey.
Didn’t pass the exam? You can try again! Each new attempt will cost $250.
Four-day training program
The Implementing SAFe course is a four-day training program. Each course day starts at8:30 and ends at 17:30, and includes a [30-minute] lunch break and [an afternoon break].
During the program, we’ll go into the following topics:
Day 1 & 2: Leading SAFe®
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Trains
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building a Lean Portfolio
- Leading the Transformation
- About the Exam
Day 3 & 4: Implementing SAFe®
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming a SAFe 5 Program Consultant (SPC)
Anyone part of a Lean-Agile transformation is welcome to attend the Implementing SAFe course, regardless of role or experience.
For those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Program Consultant certification exam and practice as a SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC), the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management;
- 3+ years of experience in Agile;
- one or more relevant Agile certifications.
- Exam name – SAFe 5 Program Consultant Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the Implementing SAFe course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 60
- Passing score – 45 out of 60 (75% pass rate)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – The first exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee, if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $250.
- Retake policy – A second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. A fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any questions about the retake policy.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attending this course means that you may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
You may also be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through Scrum Alliance.
For more information about your eligibility or the application process, please contact your local institution.
Your organization is on its way to adopt SAFe. The Implementing SAFe course is intended for everyone who will be materially and directly involved in this adoption. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative.
After completing this training program, you’ll be able to coach and guide your organization to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
Course attendees typically include:
- Period 4 days
- Maximum number of participants:42
- Lunch included:Yes
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard
Deepa Patil – Rating: 10/10
“Content was appropriate and Anand was too great. Anand explained each point with his experiences and he kept all sessions interactive. Very much satisfied with his teaching.” (Bangalore)
Sigrid Vervoort – Rating: 8/10
“Both were good teachers and the content was also very interesting. It was very intense but because of good examples and movies and practical exercises, it was good to follow and keep the focus!” (Brussels)
Aude Forensi – Rating: 9/10
“I liked both trainers they were complementary (knowledge and experience), I liked the location which was nice with nice drinks & food. I liked the happy hour, thanks for this.” (Brussels)
Anneleen Doornebal – Rating: 8/10
“I think Anand did an excellent job and if I would just have to rate him I would’ve given him twice a ‘very good’. He had great examples that clarified the theory and a nice pace. He was great at answering questions and very patient with the participants. It was very clear that he is very enthusiastic to teach the course and knows what he is talking about.”
Sebastian Waibel – Rating: 9/10
“Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and your incredible coaching methods!!It was a pleasure to witness such an amazing practitioner and teacher like you. You are absolutely great and your approach to work and life is something to live up to!!” (Bangalore)
Kedar Pathak – Rating: 8/10
“As I have seen couple of SAFE implementations before so SAFE as a framework is not new to me. But the experience I had in the training conducted by you and Satya was truly unique. Would like to thank you for sharing your knowledge and real world experience with us and making training session memorable. Undoubtedly one of the best and interesting training/workshop I have ever attended.” (Bangalore)