Empower your teams to deliver value in the SAFe enterprise
Making changes in your organization requires the participation of everybody on your team. Successful Agile Release Trains (ART) are made up of teams that collaborate effectively. Build the skills you need to become a high-performing team member and help get your team ready to participate and flourish in your company’s ART.
Build the skills needed to become a high-performing team member of an Agile Release Train (ART)—and learn how to collaborate effectively with other teams. Become a SAFe® Practitioner (SP) with the SAFe for Teams training!
This two-day SAFe for Teams course will give you an in-depth understanding of the ART, how it delivers value, and what you can do to effectively perform your role using Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming (XP).
You will also learn how to write Stories and break down Features, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, the program will teach you about the continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate with other teams in the program, and what it takes to continuously improve the train.
The SAFe for Teams training teaches you everything you need to know to for your team’s effective contribution to the ART and its overall improvement. After taking the SAFe 4 Practitioner exam, you’ll certify as a SAFe Practitioner (SP).
Our SAFe for Teams courses are taught by one or two SPCs (SAFe Program Consultants) or even SPCTs (SAFe Program Consultant Trainers). These inspiring trainers are consultants who are active in the field and have extensive SAFe experience in training and implementing SAFe at large organizations.
During this two-day course you will learn to:
- Apply SAFe for Teams to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Know your team and its role on the Agile Release Train
- Know all other teams on the train, their roles, and the dependencies between the teams
- Plan iterations
- Execute iterations and demonstrate value
- Plan Program Increments
- Integrate and work with other teams on the train
When you pass the SAFe 4 Practitioner exam you’ll receive a SAFe Practitioner certificate, with a digital badge to promote your accomplishment online. A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Practitioner is also included, granting you access to the SP Community of Practice.
We’ll provide you with a SAFe Practitioner certification usage guide with SP certification marks as well as access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey.
Didn’t pass the exam? You can try again. Each new attempt comes with a fixed fee.
Get to know the basic principles of Scaling Agile within a few minutes!
Two-day training program
The SAFe for Teams course is a two-day training program. Each course day starts at 9:00 and ends at 17:00, and includes a complimentary lunch and an afternoon break.
During the program, we’ll go into the following topics:
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Building an Agile Team
- Planning the Iteration
- Executing the Iteration
- Executing the Program Increment
Everyone is welcome to attend the course, regardless of role or experience. For those who intend to take the SAFe® Practitioner (SP) certification exam, the following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles;
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and XP;
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes.
After the training program, the trainer will send the participant’s details to the Scaled Academy (the accreditation organization). You’ll then receive three emails from the Scaled Academy:
- a welcome email that you can use to create your profile;
- a (mandatory) survey about the program where you can provide feedback;
- an email with a link to the exam, including instructions on how the exam works.
- Exam name – SAFe Practitioner Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice, Multiple select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed.
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Practitioner course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 45. Some questions are worth more points than others. For example: A question where you select 3 out of 4 options is worth more points than a true or false question.
- Passing score – 35 out of 45 (78% pass rate)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – The first attempt is included as part of the course registration fee, if the exam is taken within 30 days of course and completed before midnight on the last day. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – A second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. A fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any questions about the retake policy.
After the exam, your profile will automatically be updated when you’ve passed. The Scaled Agile Academy will inform you of this. You’ll then have access to the private online community and are able to make your profile public within the Scaled Agile community. Until that moment, only you have the privilege to see your certification.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attending this course means that you may be eligible to apply for 15 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
You may also be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through Scrum Alliance.
A successful Agile Release Train (ART) is only as good as the teams it’s made up of. The SAFe for Teams course is intended for everyone who wants to scale up their team to be an effective contributor.
After completing this training program you’ll be able to get your team ready for the ART and collaborate effectively with other teams.
Course attendees typically include:
- Period 2 days
- Maximum number of participants:42
- Lunch included:Yes
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard