Facilitate and execute Agile Release Trains
In this three-day course you will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in the SAFe enterprise. You will learn how to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and value streams.
You will also learn how to build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization.
Blog Servant Leader in Superman’s clothing: Ready to be RTE?
The tasks of an RTE
During this three-day course you will learn to:
- Effectively perform the role of the Release Train Engineer
- Apply Lean-Agile knowledge and tools to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains and value streams
- Support value delivery in large and complex value streams
- Facilitate activities that foster relentless improvement in the Agile Release Train
- Build a high-performing Agile Release Train by becoming a servant leader and coach
- Continue your learning journey and develop an ART action plan.
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe® 4 Release Train Engineer (RTE) certificate
- One-year certified membership as a SAFe® RTE
Three-day training program
Each course day starts around 9:00 and ends at 17:00 hours, including lunch and intermission.
- Identifying SAFe essentials
- Learning the RTE role and responsibilities
- Understanding the ART
- Planning a Program Increment
- Executing a Program Increment
- Collaborating through Value Streams
- Fostering Relentless Improvement
- Coaching the ART
- Continuing the Learning Journey
The following prerequisites are required for those who intend to take the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam:
- Hold at least one current SAFe certification
- Have launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI
- Exam name: SAFe 4 Release Train Engineer Exam
- Exam format: multiple choice
- Exam delivery: web-based (single-browser); closed book; no outside assistance; timed exam; delivered through the Community Platform
- Exam access: first attempt free within 30 days from course completion date
- Exam duration: once the exam begins candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam
- Number of questions: 60
- Passing score: 40 out of 60 (67%)
- Exam cost: first attempt is free within 30 days from course completion
- Retake policy: second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10 day wait; fourth attempt requires a 30 day wait. Each retake attempt is $150. Contact email@example.com for any retake questions.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 20 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Period 3 days
- Maximum number of participants:18
- Lunch included:Yes
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard