Understand the value of DevOps
Getting from a simple idea to a final product without problems getting in the way, is what the Continuous Delivery Pipeline is all about. To shorten that time from start to finish, it’s essential to improve the flow of value through the pipeline. As a SAFe DevOps Practitioner, you understand every step of the way – and you can identify where to improve. Help create an organizational culture where everyone feels responsible for the best time-to-market.
This two-day SAFe DevOps course provides you with the comprehensive overview you need to understand the DevOps competencies and accelerate time-to-market. Map the current value stream through your delivery pipeline from idea to cash and identify practices that will eliminate the bottlenecks to that flow of value.
You will build an understanding of the complete flow of value from Continuous Exploration to Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Release on Demand. You’ll also explore SAFe’s CALMR (Culture, Automation, Lean, Measure, Recover) approach to DevOps, which helps create a culture of shared responsibility for the full spectrum of Solution delivery. It helps align people, processes, and technology throughout the organization to achieve faster time-to-market.
The SAFe DevOps Practitioner training (SDP) provides you with all the tools you need to execute an implementation plan for improving your delivery pipeline, and the knowledge you require to support the plan. After taking the optional SAFe® DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certification exam, you’ll certify as a SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP).
Our SAFe DevOps courses are taught by one or two SPCs (SAFe Program Consultants) or even SPCTs (SAFe Program Consultant Trainers). These inspiring trainers are consultants who are active in the field and have extensive SAFe experience in training and implementing SAFe at large organizations.
During this two-day course you will learn to:
- Understand what the CALMR approach to DevOps is, why it is so important, and be able to explain it to others
- Understand the importance of continuous integration, continuous testing, and be ready to apply it
- Apply the concepts of continuous security
- Execute an action plan for their DevOps transformation
Exam & certification
When you pass the SAFe DevOps exam you’ll receive a SAFe Certified DevOps Practitioner PDF certificate, with a digital badge to promote your accomplishment online. A one-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform is also included, granting you access to the SPC Community of Practice.
As a SAFe 5 Certified DevOps Practitioner you’ll have access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals, as well as a variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey.
Didn’t pass the exam? You can try again. Each new attempt will come with a fixed fee.
Two-day training program
The SAFe DevOps course is a two-day training program. Each course day starts at 8:30 and ends at 17:30, and includes a complimentary lunch and an afternoon break.
During the program, we’ll go into the following topics:
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
Everyone is welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge. We do recommend that you have taken the Leading SAFe course or have been working in a SAFe environment for some time.
After the training program, the trainer will send the participant’s details to the Scaled Academy (the accreditation organization). You’ll then receive three emails from the Scaled Academy:
- a welcome email that you can use to create your profile;
- a (mandatory) survey about the program where you can provide feedback;
- an email with a link to the exam, including instructions on how the exam works.
- Exam name – SAFe DevOps Practitioner Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed.
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe DevOps course.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam.
- Number of questions – 45. Some questions are worth more points than others. For example: A question where you select 3 out of 4 options is worth more points than a true or false question.
- Passing score – 34 out of 45 (76% pass rate)
- Language – English
- Exam cost – The first attempt is included as part of the course registration fee, if the exam is taken within 30 days of course and completed before midnight on the last day. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Retake policy – A second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait. A fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait. Contact email@example.com for any questions about the retake policy.
After the exam, your profile will automatically be updated when you’ve passed. The Scaled Agile Academy will inform you of this. You’ll then have access to the private online community and are able to make your profile public within the Scaled Agile community. Until that moment, only you have the privilege to see your certification.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attending this course means that you may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
You may also be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through Scrum Alliance.
Accelerating time-to-market is essential to a company and that’s what DevOps is all about. The SAFe DevOps course is intended for anyone who wants to learn about the added value of DevOps in an organization. This includes, among others, Scrum Masters, Scrum Product Owners, software developers, consultants, IT operations managers and service managers.
After completing this training program you’ll be able to guide your organization in the process of improving the flow of value as well as time-to-market.
Course attendees typically include:
- Period 2 days
- Maximum number of participants:18
- Lunch included:Yes
- Payment methods:Invoice, iDEAL, CreditCard
- SILVIA BINDELLI - Rating: 10/10
The training had was very knowledgeable on the subject, explained clearly and brought positive energy to the discussions
- CHRISTEL DI ROLLO - Rating: 9/10
Very interactive training. Very good knowledge of the trainer.
- Pedro Torrao - Rating: 9/10
Very happy with the course contents, and specially with the pace it was given. With constant interactions I could not only learn from the trainer but also expose my point of view and take in other colleague's perspectives. Well-structured contents and backed up by practical exercises.
- Edwin Schumacher - Rating: 7/10
Most of the problems in Ops have their root cause in Dev. The course mainly explains what Dev can do to prevent these problems. The course does not explain what Ops needs to do in order to accept an application and take into production. I was expecting more on this topic.
- Pieter van Soerland - Rating: 7/10
It was more lean than devops. This should be metioned on forehand. Teacher was not inspiring, not a storyteller
- Arno van Herk - Rating: 7/10
Positioning for OPS people seems a little bit off. In our group OPS people saw many details in SAFe related to Dev, but Ops related stuff was experienced just high level/limited. Were looking for more "how to" I think. I think for Dev pretty revealing as to anticipate on needs of Ops and how that would impact their approach towards Ops. Nevertheless it created a lot of awareness awareness for sure. Still thinking would be the ideal setup for running this course